[Esip-infoquality] FW: Tech Talk - Host invite: Info and Data Quality; US and Aust
hampapuram.ramapriya at ssaihq.com
Tue Feb 26 11:05:04 EST 2019
Thanks a lot. Just testing – I hope this message goes through.
From: Ge Peng - NOAA Affiliate [mailto:ge.peng at noaa.gov]
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2019 8:04 AM
To: esip-infoquality at lists.esipfed.org
Cc: Hampapuram Ramapriyan; Ge Peng
Subject: Re: [Esip-infoquality] FW: Tech Talk - Host invite: Info and Data Quality; US and Aust
My apology if you have already received a calendar invitation from Rama. Rama is having trouble with his email server and not sure if his forwarded email got through.
IQC is participating in Tech Talk this Thursday Feb 28 (4 PM PT/7PM ET) – a joint webinar with the Australia Research Data Center. It may be a bit late to people on the east coast. However, if you are interested in attending, the remote access information can be found below. For the remote access, you will need to register first.
Register at: <https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Finfo-data-qual-us-au.eventbrite.com.au&sa=D&ust=1551628553076000&usg=AFQjCNGgA0Y5vIXGNdW1MK2lOrI-XLYDRw> https://info-data-qual-us-au.eventbrite.com.au **new**
- Event: <https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.meetup.com%2Fmonthlytechtalk%2F&sa=D&ust=1551628553076000&usg=AFQjCNGFRhwf0QMqJV1vHz3pGwZOKwLtfQ> https://www.meetup.com/monthlytechtalk/
- Slides/Videos from recent Tech Talks now at: <https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.meetup.com%2Fmonthlytechtalk%2Fabout%2F&sa=D&ust=1551628553077000&usg=AFQjCNES5eOind_MyKWK5C7Zy8bG7DltEA> https://www.meetup.com/monthlytechtalk/about/
- Add and vote on topics for future tech talks! <https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fpoll.ly%2F%23%2F2JYgEl3G&sa=D&ust=1551628553077000&usg=AFQjCNHCHesBXEMY-ycl_uPDwIhkhNl8CQ> https://poll.ly/#/2JYgEl3G
This month's topic - Information and Data Quality; US and Australia
A special international Tech Talk with US speakers from the Earth Science community and from NCI in Australia. <https://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwiki.esipfed.org%2Findex.php%2FInformation_Quality&sa=D&ust=1551628553077000&usg=AFQjCNEA4-HkLdFtfyy7Q-JTs42Vx_mn1w> http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Information_Quality
1. ESIP presenters: (Yaxing Wei (Oak Ridge National Laboratory Distributed Active Archive Center), Ge Peng (NOAA's Cooperative Institute for Climate and Satellites - North Carolina), Hampapuram Ramapriyan (Science Systems and Applications, Inc.), David F Moroni (JPL, NASA).
The ESIP Information Quality Cluster (IQC) has been active since 2014 covering a broad spectrum of topics related to information quality in Earth sciences. The cluster’s vision is to “become internationally recognized as an authoritative and responsive information resource for guiding the implementation of data quality standards and best practices of the science data systems, datasets, and data/metadata dissemination services.” The IQC considers four aspects of quality – Data Quality, Product Quality, Stewardship Quality and Service Quality.
2. Dr Kelsey Drucken, Data Collections Manager (Acting), National Computational Infrastructure, Canberra
Title: A Data Quality Strategy to enable FAIR, programmatic access across large diverse data collections for High Performance Data Analysis
Contact: Kelsey.Druken -at- <https://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fanu.edu.au&sa=D&ust=1551628553077000&usg=AFQjCNE5kIPITiOPrqFzm-5jmYa0bwq4FA> anu.edu.au
See recent paper in Informatics: <https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fdoi.org%2F10.3390%2Finformatics4040045&sa=D&ust=1551628553077000&usg=AFQjCNGyUZ7AfdW_o3JRzLRFdvrNx2tt3Q> https://doi.org/10.3390/informatics4040045.
On Fri, Feb 22, 2019 at 4:23 PM Hampapuram Ramapriyan via Esip-infoquality <esip-infoquality at lists.esipfed.org> wrote:
Here is the invitation to join the joint webinar of the ESIP Information Quality Cluster, Australia National Computational Infrastructure, and the Australian Research Data Center on February 28. Hope many of you can join us.
Esip-infoquality mailing list
Esip-infoquality at lists.esipfed.org
Ge Peng, PhD
Cooperative Institute for Climate and Satellites - NC (CICS-NC)/NCSU at
NOAA’s National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI)
Center for Weather and Climate (CWC)
151 Patton Ave, Asheville, NC 28801
+1 828 257 3009; ge.peng at noaa.gov
Following CICS-NC on <http://www.facebook.com/cicsnc> Facebook
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Esip-infoquality