[Esip-infoquality] ESIP Information Quality Clsuter's White Paper on Uncertainty

Hampapuram Ramapriyan hampapuram.ramapriya at ssaihq.com
Fri Nov 8 18:21:00 EST 2019

All,

I am pleased to announce the publication of a white paper titled "Understanding the Various Perspectives of Earth Science Observational Data Uncertainty" on ESIP FigShare at https://doi.org/10.6084/m9.figshare.10271450.v1 <https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2fdoi.org%2f10.6084%2fm9.figshare.10271450.v1&c=E,1,VlKaVfnOq_3dMIvlXcSNe1xXWN1nHhEsxSpu0UIQ1nq8AOJ-ajWMhxMtEBw42KKghzbYm8qBIcpiBjLqi2a368vgKLo4mUXC_p3LUw1amyW1OQ,,&typo=1> . As you all know, this paper, led by David Moroni (JPL PO.DAAC) and coauthored by 18 others, originated as a result of invited plenary presentations and discussions during the ESIP Summer 2017 meeting. We are thankful to all the authors for valuable and thoughtful inputs, and persistence through a highly iterative process in bringing this together.

I would also like to remind you that David will be leading a session at the ESIP winter meeting in January 2020 to discuss follow-on actions to go beyond this white paper. The session title is "Bringing Science Data Uncertainty Down to Earth - Sub-orbital, In Situ, and Beyond".

Best wishes,

Rama.

H. K. Ramapriyan (Rama)

Science Systems and Applications, Inc.

NASA Goddard Space Flight Center

Hampapuram.Ramapriyan at ssaihq.com

(805) 402-7125

(orcid.org/0000-0002-8425-8943)

Note: I am not a government employee and have no legal authority to obligate any federal, state, or local government to perform any action or payment.