[Esip-infoquality] Reminder: ESIP IQC Telecon at 2pm ET (11am PT; 6pm UTC) on March 24th

Wei, Yaxing weiy at ornl.gov
Tue Mar 24 13:50:39 EDT 2020

Dear ESIP IQC Members,

Our March IQC telecon is starting in 10 mins at 2pm ET.

Here is the link to the slides of Deborah Smith’s presentation: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xnfrjxzyxky4vfx/DSMITH%20ESIP%20IQC%20Presentation%20March%2024%202020.pptx?dl=1

Link to meeting agenda and notes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1T4wEmY48qpP7cDrbqV7tppkZ3q0GGkJNz_glvu4C2RI/edit

Talk to you soon!

Best,
Yaxing

From: "Wei, Yaxing" <weiy at ornl.gov>
Date: Friday, March 20, 2020 at 11:01 AM
To: "esip-infoquality at lists.esipfed.org" <esip-infoquality at lists.esipfed.org>
Subject: Reminder: ESIP IQC Telecon at 2pm ET (11am PT; 6pm UTC) on March 24th

Dear ESIP IQC Members,

A gentle reminder that our March IQC telecon will be next Tuesday (March 24th) at 2pm ET (11am PT; 6pm UTC).

Agenda for our March telecon:

·         Exploring Data Quality in Airborne and Field Data by Deborah Smith (25 mins presentation + 20 mins Q&A)

Abstract: Data quality for satellite data has been examined of late to advance how we think about communicating uncertainty of satellite measurements.  Now we turn our focus to airborne and in situ data.  What are the differences?  To start the discussion of this topic, Deborah Smith, lead of the Airborne Data Management Group (ADMG), will introduce the ADMG, describe activities pertaining to data and metadata quality, and share recent insights gained helping 5 EVS-3 teams develop Data Management Plans (DMPs) using the updated NASA Data Management Plan template<https://earthdata.nasa.gov/collaborate/new-missions/data-management-plan-guidance>.

·         Planning for ESIP Summer Meeting (15 mins)

o    Pre-ESIP Workshop (Ge Peng): A Full-day workshop has been approved by Erin. National and international SMEs on dataset quality have been invited to present and participate in person. “Save the date” is on the ESIP IQC wiki<http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Information_Quality>.

o    Session proposal call-for-ideas

        *   Peng: A pre-ESIP workshop report out/panel discussion session

Meeting Notes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1T4wEmY48qpP7cDrbqV7tppkZ3q0GGkJNz_glvu4C2RI/edit

To join the meeting:

  *   https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/841228325
  *   You can also dial in using your phone.
     *   United States: +1 (224) 501-3412
     *   Access Code: 841-228-325

Best,
Yaxing Wei, Peng Ge, David Moroni, Bob Downs, and H. K. "Rama" Ramapriyan

Wiki: http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Information_Quality

Dr. Yaxing Wei
Lead Scientist, ORNL DAAC
Environmental Sciences Division