[Esip-infoquality] ESIP IQC January Telecon Cancelled

Wei, Yaxing weiy at ornl.gov
Sun Jan 24 19:31:40 EST 2021

Dear ESIP IQC Members,

We are cancelling the January IQC telecon and plan to resume our monthly telecon in February.

Look forward to talking with you at our IQC session “Toward Improving Representation of Data Quality Information<https://sched.co/g49u>” at the ESIP Winter meeting.

Session: Toward Improving Representation of Data Quality Information<https://sched.co/g49u>
Thursday, January 28 • 1:30pm - 3:00pm EST
Description: ESIP Information Quality Cluster (IQC) has been collaborating with national and international domain experts on a number of fronts that are associated with representing data quality information in a consistent way, ranging from capturing data uncertainty information in NetCDF file-level metadata, providing IQC perspectives on citizen science data, and developing community guidelines for curating FAIR dataset quality information. Doing so will not only improve the maturity of underlying data, but also help enable the sharing of both data and quality information. Community adoption of practices for improving data quality information also will offer new opportunities for users to determine whether data products and services can be used for particular purposes and foster the use of such data.
In this session, we will share with the ESIP community on the current status of those efforts and obtain feedback from the community.

Best,
Yaxing Wei, Peng Ge, David Moroni, Bob Downs, and H. K. "Rama" Ramapriyan