[Esip-infoquality] Invitation to participate in a data quality survey

Ge Peng gp0043 at uah.edu
Mon Jun 28 18:18:14 EDT 2021

Dear All,

Given your expertise and interests, I believe that the feedback from this
group to the data quality survey put together by the GeoKur project team
will be valuable. Please reach out to the team directly if you have any
questions – see the survey announcement below.

Best regards,

--- Peng

-----------------

SURVEY ON DATA QUALITY IN EARTH SYSTEM SCIENCES

Dear Sir or Madam,

Data management has become an integral part of Earth System Sciences (ESS)
research projects, fostering efficient, collaborative, long-term
data-driven research. Ensuring access to quality assured data and metadata
is of paramount importance in the data life cycle as quality information is
a fundamental characteristic of data and provides the basis to determine
fitness for use. It plays a major role in ESS, because earth observations,
e.g. physical or chemical processes, are measured once, and the measured
data is reused multiple times. For this reason a meaningful description of
data quality is essential.

With this survey we aim to better understand the relevance, availability,
and needs of quality information on several levels of details from both a
data consumer and producer perspective.

https://bildungsportal.sachsen.de/umfragen/limesurvey/index.php/649156?lang=en

Community feedback is important in helping us improve our concepts. Please
feel free to contact us, if you have any questions or concerns or if you
are interested in joint activities.

Thank you for your participation by the end of July.

Lukas Egli, Julia Fischer, and Christin Henzen

lukas.egli at ufz.de , j.fischer at ufz.de , christin.henzen at tu-dresden.de

On behalf of the GeoKur project team (https://geokur.geo.tu-dresden.de/)

--

Ge Peng, PhD

Sr. Principal Research Scientist

Earth System Science Center/NASA MSFC IMPACT

The University of Alabama in Huntsville

Ge.Peng at uah.edu

ORCID: http://orcid.org/0000-0002-1986-9115