[Esip-infoquality] public and free OGC Data Quality Workshop

Ivana Ivanova ivana.ivanova at curtin.edu.au
Tue Nov 30 01:48:21 EST 2021

Dear members of ESIP Information Quality Cluster,

Following our successful premier at June'21 OGC Member meeting we invite you to another edition of the public and open OGC Data Quality Workshop held virtually as part of the 121th OGC Member Meeting. This 3-hour community workshop is open for members and non-members of OGC alike and the registration is free.
This edition's topic is 'Towards FAIR data quality measures for spatial data' and the motivation for this topic, among others, comes from the newly set-up ISO standards development project, in which many OGC members participate: ISO/AWI 19157-3 Geographic information - Data quality - Part 3: Data quality measure register'. ISO 19157-3 is a joint ISO/TC211 and OGC project and our ultimate aim is to set-up a machine-actionable register of data quality measures.
During this workshop we would like to explore various perspectives on data quality measures as we feel that what ISO/TC211 recognized currently in ISO 19157: 2013 might be too 'geoinfo-centric' and we need to include wider geospatial perspective with their own measures. Moreover, many standard data quality measures used for expressing the quality of geographic information (such as those defined in ISO 19157: 2013 Geographic information - Data quality) are not accessible for automatic consumptions. As a result, they are either overlooked with providers tending to create their own online measure registries unnecessarily.
We are convinced that a machine-actionable quality measures register will enable FAIR (Findable, Accessible, Interoperable and Reusable) quality measures. This ultimately contributes to the FAIRness of the quality information related to spatial datasets, which was the topic of our previous edition of OGC Data Quality Workshop in which many of you participated.
The workshop is scheduled on 8 December 2021 from 3:30pm EST.

You can register via this link<https://portal.ogc.org/meet/> with 2112tc_invited 100% discount code to ensure that as OGC non-members you get in for free. OGC members have free registration by default. Please let me know if you have any trouble to get in or any questions related to this event.

Find more information, including the draft agenda here: https://www.ogc.org/projects/groups/dqdwg

I am looking forward to see you all there!

Regards,
Ivana

Dr Ivana Ivánová
Senior Lecturer/FrontierSI (former CRCSI) Research Fellow

Spatial Sciences
School of Earth and Planetary Sciences
Faculty of Science and Engineering
Curtin University
Tel | +61 8 9266 2286
Mobile | +61 475 885 991

Email | ivana.ivanova at curtin.edu.au<mailto:ivana.ivanova at curtin.edu.au>
Web | https://staffportal.curtin.edu.au/staff/profile/view/Ivana.Ivanova

[curtin]

Curtin University is a trademark of Curtin University of Technology.
CRICOS Provider Code 00301J