[Esip-infoquality] Planned consultation Towards a Data Quality Framework for EOSC

Robert Downs rdowns at ciesin.columbia.edu
Tue Mar 14 09:23:31 EDT 2023

Dear Information Quality Cluster Colleagues,

Please find the invitation, below, from Chris Schubert, to volunteer to
become a member of the  European Open Science Cloud (EOSC) Data Quality
Open Consultation that will review proposed changes to the document, Towards
a Data Quality Framework for EOSC. Those who are interested in joining
should contact Chris Schubert directly at the  chris.schubert at tuwien.ac.at
email address.

Thanks,

Bob

-    -    -    -    -    -    -    -    -
Robert R. Downs, PhD
Senior Digital Archivist and Senior Staff Associate Officer of Research
Acting Head of Cyberinfrastructure and Informatics Research and Development
Center for International Earth Science Information Network (CIESIN),
Columbia Climate School, Columbia University
P.O. Box 1000, 61 Route 9W, Palisades, NY 10964 USA
Voice: 845-365-8985; fax: 845-365-8922
E-mail: rdowns at ciesin.columbia.edu
Pronouns: he/him/his
Columbia University CIESIN Web site: http://www.ciesin.columbia.edu
ORCID: 0000-0002-8595-5134

-      -      -    Begin Invitation Message    -      -      -

The European Open Science Cloud (EOSC) Task Force FAIR Metrics and Data
Quality, here the sub-group on data quality is a group of experts and
practitioners in this field. The members of this sub-group were nominated
by their research facilities, accepted by the EOSC Association Board, and
worked on a volunteering basis to establish and support the term and
processes behind data quality into the future EOSC framework.

The TF sub-group published in January 2023 the first version of results
based on scientific domain use cases, desk research of existing standards,
lessons learned, surveys, interviews, etc. To empower the given
recommendation by a broad scientific community and find acceptance in
technical implementation and measures within the community as far as
possible, we decided to go for this EOSC Data Quality Open Consultation
procedure by gathering your needed expertise. The document Towards a Data
Quality Framework for EOSC is published at Zenodo:
https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.7515816.

We are requesting to be a member of the planned review committee to collect
and discuss the change proposal and review individual contributions with us.

The review should scope general aspects, such as for each chapter, detailed
technical reviews with change proposals for missing or false
interpretation, and any suggestions and factors we should have considered,
like scientific domains existing standards which are not covered.

The EOSC Data Quality Open Consultation is an accompanying process by the
EOSC Task Force FAIR Metrics and Data Quality (geographic diversity is
considered). It will start with an introduction online session and a
concluding session. Our authors will view questions, comments, etc., in the
meanwhile.

The EOSC Data Quality Open Consultation should be completed until the 30 of
April 2023 (extension would be possible).

In case of your acceptance, being part of the EOSC Data Quality Review
Committee, you will get access to the document where you can create
comments, force discussion, make change proposals, etc. The consultation is
more an interactive systematically review than a single-blind review.

We regret that any financial compensation cannot support your
contributions, but we can acknowledge your contribution.

On behalf of the Task Force FAIR Metrics and Data Quality, I would be
pleased if you would support us. Please confirm your commitment to the TF
Co-Chair, chris.schubert at tuwien.ac.at ; I will share the access and further
information.

Yours sincerely,

Chris

Chris Schubert

Co-Chair EOSC TF FAIR Metrices & Data Quality

Leitung Medienmanagement und Bibliotheks-IT

Head of Media Management and Library-IT

TU Wien Bibliothek

Resselgasse 4, A-1040 Wien

T +43 1 58801-44090

chris.schubert at tuwien.ac.at

www.tuwien.ac.at/bibliothek

-      -      -    End Invitation Message    -      -      -