[Esip-infoquality] Call for papers - AGU Fall Meeting session: "Data and Information Services for Interdisciplinary Research and Applications in Earth Science"

Liu, Zhong (GSFC-619.0)[GEORGE MASON UNIVERSITY] zhong.liu-1 at nasa.gov
Thu Jul 27 11:50:07 EDT 2023

Dear colleagues,
With apologies for any duplication, please find the following call for abstracts and feel free to share it with colleagues who may be interested.
We would like to encourage you to submit an abstract to the AGU Fall Meeting session: "Data and Information Services for Interdisciplinary Research and Applications in Earth Science".
It is going to be the 6th year we convene this session at AGU Fall Meeting, which has consistently attracted significant interest from the community.  For the past five years, this session has provided a platform for speakers from academia, industry, government, and community stakeholders around the world to present their work and discuss the common challenges and solutions in interdisciplinary data services. You can find the session description below.
Session ID: 188672
Session Title: IN020. Data and Information Services for Interdisciplinary Research and Applications in Earth Science
Section: Informatics
Session Description:
This session promotes open science and interdisciplinary research through informatics. We aim to create an inclusive environment that democratizes data usage and fosters collaboration. Over the past five years, we have convened experts to address challenges in interdisciplinary research informatics.
This year's session invites presentations on innovative Earth Science data service activities that facilitate the adoption of FAIR principles for interdisciplinary research and Open Science. The talks should explore specific research needs, data quality, ethics, best practices, and challenges in cloud computing, big data, AI/ML, data provenance, user services, and scientific reproducibility. Discussions on emerging topics such as the recent US OSTP's Open Access memo, NASA's decadal survey or Europe's Open Science Cloud are also encouraged.
Our goal is to accelerate scientific discovery by creating an open data ecosystem. We invite interdisciplinary researchers to participate and share their expertise in addressing the challenges of a rapidly evolving technology landscape.
View Session Details: https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm23/prelim.cgi/Session/188672
Conveners
Vasco Mantas (University of Coimbra)
Jennifer Wei (NASA)
Zhong Liu (NASA/George Mason University)
Danie Kinkade (Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution)