[Esip-marinedata] Marine Data Cluster - 2019-05-09 - Outreach for Data Management

Carolina Berys-Gonzalez cberysgonzalez at ucsd.edu
Wed May 8 09:58:18 EDT 2019

*Topic: Outreach for Data ManagementTime: Thursday, 2019-05-09, 10:30 PST
(17:30 UTC)*

Hello all,

Please join us this week for a presentation from Steve Diggs, where he will
present on current efforts in outreach for data management.

Starting with his takeaways from the IOOS DMAC Meeting last week, we will
then look forward to an upcoming "do-a-thon" featuring data visualization,
which I am looking forward to hearing more about, including opportunities
related to the Belmont Forum <http://www.belmontforum.org/> to not only
promote but fund these types of activities.

This broad topic overview will be followed by a more specific presentation
on 2019-05-23 of the Ocaenhackweek <https://oceanhackweek.github.io/> happening
in August at the University of Hawaii, which is still currently accepting
applications until May 13.

Hope you can join! :)

------------------------------------

*Connection Information via GoToMeeting:This group will convene every month
on the second and fourth Thursday10:30 AM Pacific Time, 1:30 PM Eastern
Time, 17:30 UTC*

Marine Data

https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/157892821

You can also dial in using your phone.
United States: +1 (312) 757-3121 <+13127573121,,157892821>

Access Code: 157-892-821

First GoToMeeting? Let's do a quick system check:
https://link.gotomeeting.com/system-check

--
Carolina Berys-Gonzalez
Scripps Institution of Oceanography