[Esip-marinedata] Marine Data Cluster - 2020-04-08 - Argovis

Carolina Berys-Gonzalez cberysgonzalez at ucsd.edu
Wed Apr 8 22:01:42 EDT 2020

Hello all,

Please see below the description for tomorrow's talk, now also on the wiki
calendar <http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php?title=MarineData>.

*Talk Title*: Argovis: A Next Generation Platform for co-located Oceanic
and Atmospheric Data to Accelerate Climate Science Workflows
*Abstract*: Using modern web 2.0 technologies to improve data accessibility
for oceanic and atmospheric products can help revolutionize Earth system
science workflows. The Argovis web app (argovis.colorado.edu) uses web 2.0
technologies to run in a  browser and provides access to Argo profiles and
other Earth system datasets. It does not need large file storage or
software installation on the local machine. Users visualize temperature,
salinity, and BioGeoChemical profiles by location and time or view float
trajectory forecasts or compare gridded fields with Argovis's grid
visualization module. The weather event module enables users to query Argo
profiles co-located with weather events of interest (by a user-defined
co-location strategy). In addition to access from the browser, users import
data for analysis directly from the app’s database through an API in their
favored programming language. In this presentation, we will discuss some
examples of how Argovis can accelerate science workflows for users of BGC
and Deep Argo.

See you then!