[Esip-marinedata] Marine Data Cluster - 2021-09-09 - Vocabulary Decision Tree Session Wrap-up and Changes to Schedule

Carolina Berys-Gonzalez cberysgonzalez at ucsd.edu
Wed Sep 8 16:24:29 EDT 2021

*Topic: Vocabulary Decision Tree Session Wrap-upTime: Thursday, 2021-09-09,
10:30 PT / 1:30 ET*

Hello everyone,

Please join this week's call where we will review the outcomes from the
working session at the ESIP Summer Meeting on controlled vocabulary
selection and the discussions preceding it.

If you cannot join, you can follow the development of the github repository
here:
https://github.com/ESIPFed/marinedata-vocabulary-guidance

Also, a message about proposing a new call schedule:

For the entirety of this year we have been looking at controlled vocabulary
usage in marine data. Focusing on a single topic continuously for several
months allowed a deep level of focus that hopefully will lead to useful
documentation. There is still a lot of work to do! We want to acknowledge,
however, that while this has been an informative and productive endeavor
which we want to continue, we also want the Marine Data Cluster to again
support the community as a platform to share work and discuss new topics.

To accommodate both focused working sessions and informational
presentations, we want to propose adopting a yearly split where every other
call or one call per quarter will be dedicated to community interest
topics, and the remainder of the calls will be dedicated to working
sessions as needed, including extending the work with controlled
vocabularies. As usual, during January, July, and December we will have no
call to accommodate the ESIP and AGU meetings

With the new schedule, we will also try to schedule and post call topics in
advance to better allow people to attend.

This new schedule is open for discussion or comment, so please feel free to
add any requests. We hope to see you tomorrow.

MDC Admin

------------------------------------

*Connection Information via Zoom:This group will convene every month on the
second and fourth Thursday10:30 AM Pacific Time, 1:30 PM Eastern Time,
17:30 UTC*

Marine Data
Connection Information

Join Zoom Meeting

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84964718283?pwd=V1VmaWRKaVBJVmY1alhzSVJvTmc0QT09

Meeting ID: 849 6471 8283

Passcode: 023686

One tap mobile

+13017158592,,84964718283# US (Washington DC)

+19292056099,,84964718283# US (New York)

Dial by your location

        +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)

        +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)

        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)