[Esip-marinedata] Marine Data Cluster - 2022-06-09 - Argovis - Steve Diggs

Carolina Berys-Gonzalez cberysgonzalez at ucsd.edu
Wed Jun 8 14:52:36 EDT 2022

*Topic*: Visual Access to Oceanographic Data: A Case Study using Argovis
*Time: Thursday, 2022-06-09, 11:00 am PT / 2:00 pm ET*

Hello everyone,

This Thursday we will be having a presentation about Argovis
<https://argovis.colorado.edu/> from Steve Diggs.

*TITLE: Visual Access to Oceanographic Data: A Case Study using Argovis*

> We take access to data and information on the web for granted now, but
> this is a recent occurrence.  In this talk, we will discuss the confluence
> of technologies necessary to provide visual access to* in situ* data with
> an eye toward the future.

> *Background:**Argo* is an international program that measures water
> properties across the world’s ocean using a fleet of robotic instruments
> that drift with the ocean currents and move up and down between the surface
> and a mid-water level.
> There are three distinct categories of Argo floats:
>
>    - Core (T/S enabled, and the most numerous, down to 2km)
>    - Deep (floats can go/profile deeper than 2km)
>    - BGC (adds biogeochemical sensors on profiling floats.)
>
> *Argovis* provides near-time access to Argo profile data (Core, Deep,
> BGC) both visually through its web application, and via its API.  The
> webapp allows you to view float trajectory forecasts, compare gridded
> fields with Argovis’ grid visualization module, or co-locate Argo data with
> weather events.

We hope you can join! Please feel free to forward this to anyone who might
be interested.

MDC Admin

*SEE UPDATED CONNECTION INFORMATION BELOW*
------------------------------------

*Connection Information via Zoom:This group will convene every month on the
second and fourth Thursday11:00 AM Pacific Time, 2:00 PM Eastern Time,
18:00 UTC*

Marine Data
Connection Information

Join Zoom Meeting

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84964718283?pwd=V1VmaWRKaVBJVmY1alhzSVJvTmc0QT09

Meeting ID: 849 6471 8283

Passcode: 023686

One tap mobile

+13017158592,,84964718283# US (Washington DC)

+19292056099,,84964718283# US (New York)

Dial by your location

        +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)

        +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)

        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)