[Esip-marinedata] Marine Data Cluster - 2024-05-09 - Planning for July Meeting

Joseph Gum jgum at ucar.edu
Tue May 7 10:28:24 EDT 2024

Hi all,

We're also welcome to discuss the Sustainable Data Management Cluster's
session still in formation stage:

----
Exploring Metadata for CARE Principles (working session)

The Sustainable Data Management Cluster’s current project is to consider
how aspects of the CARE principles can be represented in metadata fields.
This working session will examine the metadata from three example datasets
and consider ways that adherence to CARE principles can be included. The
examples are planned to include (1) atmospheric or weather data from a
national data center, (2) environmental observations submitted by
individual researchers to a domain repository and (3) paleoecology data
from the Neotoma database, a collaborator on a recently funded NSF research
coordination network. The participants will also consider aspects of
metadata frameworks that could be used to augment existing metadata, such
as PREMIS data dictionary and Open Digital RIghts Language (ODRL). As this
is a working session, preparation is expected from the participants.
----

Due to interest from members of the cluster we've been invited to
participate in their session. They have a preprint available to read as a
lead up to their session: https://doi.org/10.31223/X58408

Best,
ESIP MDC Admin