[Esip-openscience] ESIP OSS Cluster

Hewson, Jennifer H. (GSFC-423.0)[SCIENCE SYSTEMS AND APPLICATIONS INC] jennifer.h.hewson at nasa.gov
Tue Mar 8 13:06:38 EST 2022

Dear colleagues and fellow ESIP OSS cluster members-

The Open-Source Science (OSS) cluster has now been approved by ESIP, and we are excited to embark on this journey with each of you to create a Community of Champions around OSS and the upcoming Year of Open Science. The creation of this cluster is incredibly timely given the urgent need to amplify OSS that is accessible, inclusive, equitable, and reproducible, and guided by a vast array of stakeholder groups.
A few notes on logistics for the cluster:

  *   A slack channel, #open-source-science-transformation, has been created, and each of you has been added
  *   We also have a cluster Wiki<https://wiki.esipfed.org/Open_Source_Science_Transformation>, which will be most valuable throughout the life cycle of the cluster. Please check out the wiki and feel free to share thoughts.
We will be in touch again regarding our first telecon, and we will look forward to meeting each of you at that time. In the meantime, if you have ideas/thoughts on the evolution and direction of the cluster, please do absolutely share these through the mailing list, the slack channel, or a direct email to me, Jenny, or Cynthia.

Here's to the Community of Champions around an OSS journey,

Jenny and Cynthia

Preferred name: Jenny Hewson
ESDIS Standards Coordination Office (ESCO), NASA
Lead Scientific Analyst, SSAI