[Esip-openscience] Tuesday, August 23rd @ 12pm East: Next ESIP Open Science cluster telecon

Hewson, Jenny (GSFC-423.0)[SCIENCE SYSTEMS AND APPLICATIONS INC] jennifer.h.hewson at nasa.gov
Mon Jul 25 18:39:00 EDT 2022

Fellow Open Science Clusterers-

We have canceled the monthly ESIP Open Science cluster telecon scheduled for tomorrow, Tuesday 25th July, as many in the cluster will just be catching up from last week's ESIP Summer meeting. It was wonderful to meet those of you attending the meeting in Pittsburgh in-person. The open science cluster session on Tuesday, Building a Thriving Open Science Community, and the follow-up 'unconference' session on Thursday afternoon proved very popular with over 50 in-person and 30 virtual participants joining the session on Tuesday. We had great participation at the unconference session too. Our panelists - Matthew Hansen, Abby Benson, Mark Parsons, Cynthia Hall, Curt Hammill, and Ryan McGranaghan - shared a wealth of perspectives on open science communities and opportunities. Over the course of the two sessions, we were able to generate this rich 'mindmap' (attached) of emerging trends in open science. See you next month for the ESIP Open Science cluster telecon - Tuesday 23rd August at 12pm East.

Preferred name: Jenny Hewson
ESDIS/SSAI
she/her/hers
jennifer.h.hewson at nasa.gov<mailto:jennifer.h.hewson at nasa.gov>