[Esip-operational-ethics] ESIP Cluster meeting July 24 1700 UTC

Todd-Brown, Kathe kathe.toddbrown at essie.ufl.edu
Sun Jul 23 11:09:25 EDT 2023

Just a quick reminder that we are meeting tomorrow (24 July) at 1700 UTC. We’ll be reviewing and revising the collaborative dimensions synthesized from our discussion on 26 June. Copied from the notes and org doc:
Collaboration dimensions [Tentative]
This is intended to guide the development of collaboration agreements and other supporting documents for “good enough” collaborations.

Need…
…asks the question
Clarity of participation
Who is here? What are their motivations and limitations? What do they bring to the group and what are they looking to take away?
Clarity of process
Why is the collaboration happening? What are the measurable celebrated milestones for the project?
Transparency in decision making
How are decisions made in the the group and who is making them?
To be heard and hear different perspectives
How do we ensure the group is curious and respectful in their communications? How is conflict addressed and resolved?
Credit and recognition
Who gets credit for what contributions and how?
Flexibility and feedback
How does a group change direction and update decisions?

As always you can see the notes from our past meetings and the agenda for tomorrow at the notes and org doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/13F3pkYvpCiaBbxVc1_b1qh0GSFEzkx1PlRIpdlGgoEM/edit?usp=sharing

Hope that folks are recovering well from last week’s ESIP! See you tomorrow!

-Kathe

--
Katherine Todd-Brown, PhD

Assistant Professor
Environmental Engineering Sciences
Engineering School of Sustainable Infrastructure & Environment
Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering
University of Florida

Office: Rm B006, Phelps Lab, UF main campus
Mastodon: @ktoddbrown at social.coop

Mail: Dr Kathe Todd-Brown
Center for Wetlands
PO Box 116350