[Esip-operational-ethics] ESIP OpEthics 11/07 meeting recap

Caitlin White Caitlin.T.White at Colorado.EDU
Wed Nov 8 15:31:24 EST 2023

Hi all,

Sending a short recap of the operational ethics cluster meeting held yesterday. We revisited the governance agreement for research-oriented collaborations and talked about sections important to keep, expand, or reframe. With that, we also talked about to make a governance agreement general and adaptable enough it is more useful to focus on the "how" (how a collaboration can operate considering all members) rather than the "what" (specifics of a project).

We will keep working on the draft and welcome contributions whenever you have interest and time! Asynchronous contributions are welcome and please make any edits in suggestion mode rather than direct edits (Google doc draft<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1U8Qwwfk_Tw0jsiLDXfptng-34bcew4F5Qd4wSX2jBjk/edit?usp=sharing>). Running meeting notes with next agenda (as it's made) are here<https://docs.google.com/document/d/13F3pkYvpCiaBbxVc1_b1qh0GSFEzkx1PlRIpdlGgoEM/edit?usp=sharing>.

Our next cluster call will be on Tuesday, November 21, 15:00-16:00 Eastern (20:00 UTC).

Thanks!
-Caitlin
(cluster co-chair)

Caitlin White