[Esip-operational-ethics] OpEthics meeting recap for Jan 16, 2024

Caitlin White Caitlin.T.White at Colorado.EDU
Tue Jan 16 21:16:11 EST 2024

Hi everyone,

Sending some key notes from the Operational Ethics cluster call this afternoon. Full notes from the call are here<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ngY0kl9_v8pje_z5De5vkOToc-4bmOctOmzJpsc6Ja0/edit?usp=sharing>.

  *   Kathe drafted a purpose statement for the cluster (thanks, Kathe!). We discussed and finalized that.
  *   We have two key aims this year; both are captured in the purpose statement.
     *   First, we will develop a manuscript with case studies and something like an operational how-to for starting scientific collaborations that integrate DEIJ.
     *   Second, we will use part of cluster calls to share and peer-coach one another in areas where we are "stuck" in our own collaborations.
     *   Together, these are opportunities as a group to practice and apply our cluster's purpose internally. We plan to develop a governance agreement for our own group as one of the example case studies for the manuscript.
  *   Because of schedule conflicts with a new semester, we are moving cluster calls tentatively to every other Thursday 1-2pm eastern. The next call will be February 1, and we will confirm the new time as Feb 1 approaches.

Thanks!
-Caitlin
(cluster co-chair)

Caitlin White