[Esip-preserve] Summary of first telecon, etc.

Ruth Duerr rduerr at nsidc.org
Mon Feb 23 14:27:07 EST 2009

Notes from our first telecon have been placed on the wiki at http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Interagency_Data_Stewardship/LifeCycle/Preservation_Forum/TeleconNotes/20090218
.  They may not be entirely complete, so feel free to update them if
you attended the telecon.

Also, we discussed inviting speakers from various places to attend the
summer ESIP meeting and several folks have volunteered to contact
various people.  Before folks do that, I'd like us to come to
agreement on exactly what invitees should be requested to speak
about.  For the agency segment, we discussed having speakers talk about:

1. agency philosophy and policy in regards to preservation and
stewardship
2. agency practice (particularly if that diverges from the policy)

I'm thinking that given the publication of the Interagency Working
Group on Digital Data (IWGDD) report (http://www.nitrd.gov/about/Harnessing_Power_Web.pdf
) it might also be useful to have each agency update us on how the
report is expected to impact their activities?  What do folks think?
Anything else we should ask folks to speak about?

Thanks,

Ruth