[Esip-preserve] Communiqué from the Data Sharing Task Force

Ruth Duerr rduerr at nsidc.org
Mon Aug 31 12:26:58 EDT 2009

Dear Preservation and Stewardship Cluster members,

I've been asked to have our cluster formally comment on the attached
Communique from the Data Sharing Task Force.  My understanding is that
the ESIP Federation has Observer Status in GEO and is contemplating
participating member status.  Moreover, Carol Meyer serves on the User
Interface Committee of GEO, which would be the route our comments
would take.   The Task Force would like to have all comments as soon
as possible but no later than Oct. 16th so that they may be discussed
at the Plenary session.  Please review the Communique and let me know
whether you agree that we should submit a formal response.  This will
likely be a topic at our next ESIP cluster telecon.

Thanks,

R. Duerr