[Esip-preserve] Reminder: Telecon today at 1 pm MST

Curt Tilmes Curt.Tilmes at nasa.gov
Wed Mar 10 15:47:01 EST 2010

Ruth Duerr wrote:
> Agenda:
> - Status of data identifiers testbed activities
> - Status of provenance report
> - Status of ESIP data management recommendations/best practices work
> - Status of report on AGU townhall
> - Plans for upcoming summer meeting

Darn.  I had a conflict that made me late to call in to this, and I
was unable to join the telecon.

Anyway, some status:

Brian Duggan has drafted our XML for the DOI registration for the OMI
Ozone dataset.  We talked about the use case for PURLs.  I'll be adding
something here:

http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Interagency_Data_Stewardship/Identifiers/UseCases

soon.

Al Fleig and I have had several in depth review sessions of the
current provenance outline and material from Google Docs.  I also have
a very large number of other papers/reference documents we are going
through with material we are incorporating into the paper.  We've
reorganized the outline a bit and are now organizing the various
material into that.  There is a good bit to be written that the two of
us are writing.  I want to have a good draft of what we are able to
cover with the current information prior to broading my request for
more information to fill out the holes.  The two of us are now writing
that draft.  This will give us a good scaffolding with a consistent
story for the larger cast of authors to contribute material into and
revise until we can reach a consensus.

(I'm actually convinced that this will turn into a book rather than a
paper, but Al has been trying to talk me off that cliff.)

Curt