[Esip-preserve] ESIP Provenance cluster/working group

Raskin, Rob (388M) robert.g.raskin at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Sep 1 16:05:00 EDT 2010

Mark-

I see no problem with forming a separate Provenance Cluster. Essentially, the Provenance work being done within Preservation and Stewardship would morph into the new Cluster, with expanded scope. There seems to be enough happening with Preservation and Stewardship to justify branching off that activity. Preservation necessarily overlaps many subjects, so it is inevitable that there will be common interests with other Clusters. There also appears to be people willing to lead a new Cluster to focus on Provenance.

-Rob

Rob Raskin
Group Supervisor, Science Data Engineering and Archiving
Instrument Software and Science Data Systems Section
Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Pasadena, CA 91109
(818) 354-4228