[Esip-preserve] ESIP Citation Guidelines

Raskin, Rob (388M) robert.g.raskin at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Oct 11 16:32:02 EDT 2010

Mark-

The only formal ESIP process is to bring the suggested recommendation to the ESIP Executive Committee who could vote to adopt it as a recommended Best Practice. Promotion of such an accepted guideline would be largely left to the Cluster.  There would be no enforcement mechanism at all, and we would have to create an effective method to convey its content to the membership. A Committees could use it to justify an expenditure that advances the guideline's goals. I suspect there are several other related recommendations that the Cluster could come up with to deal with other aspects of stewardship.

-Rob

Rob Raskin
Group Supervisor, Science Data Engineering and Archiving
Instrument Software and Science Data Systems Section
Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Pasadena, CA 91109
(818) 354-4228