[Esip-preserve] Provenance for Data Created With Proprietary Software

Cook, Robert B. cookrb at ornl.gov
Thu Dec 2 15:24:06 EST 2010

Bruce,

This same issue is looming for the Google Earth Engine (being developed by Rebecca Moore at Google).

They have acquired the LandSat collection (at no cost) and are processing those data to examine issues like tropical deforestation.

At this point they don't have plans to make those processing algorithms public.  Landsat researchers are concerned about this lack of transparency.

Your info.
Bob