[Esip-preserve] Group Seeks Global Protocol to Identify Big Data Sets - ScienceInsider

Mark A. Parsons parsonsm at nsidc.org
Thu Mar 24 17:23:43 EDT 2011

Of interest to the identifier/locator crowd:

http://news.sciencemag.org/scienceinsider/2011/03/group-seeks-global-protocol-to-i.html?etoc&sms_ss=email&at_xt=4d70e8589cd12db0,0

---Special Notice---
NSIDC "Greens" its Data Center
Outage Planned March 30 - April 3

NSIDC starts work on a highly energy efficient data center on March 30. Data distribution and services will be suspended from March 30 - April 3. E-mail may also be affected. Normal operations will resume and we will respond to emails on Monday, April 4.

If you need to contact me during the outage, please email me at parsonsm at colorado.edu

Thank you for your patience as we reduce our energy consumption by 80% and become one of the most efficient data centers in the world.

---
Mark A. Parsons
Lead Program Manager
National Snow and Ice Data Center
University of Colorado, 449 UCB, Boulder, Colorado 80309-0449, USA
+1-303-492-2359, +1-303-492-2468 (fax)
skype: mark.a.parsons
http://nsidc.org, http://eloka-arctic.org