[Esip-preserve] Data Committee

Mark A. Parsons parsonsm at nsidc.org
Tue Jul 19 14:47:34 EDT 2011

I made some revisions to the first two bullets Rob wrote and added a third. Please revise away. Regarding Kathy's question about data citation, I think it is embedded in a and b.

Cheers,

-m.

The ESIP Federation shall include a Standing Committee for Data Science and Stewardship. Its roles are:
  a) To develop and foster practices and standards that ensure continued and reliable information content, quality, access to, and usability of Earth system science data for as long as they are deemed to be of value.
  b) To facilitate the long-term preservation, stewardship, and access of Earth system science data.
 c) To facilitate the development of data science as a professional discipline that adds value and increases the use of Earth system science data.

Recognizing the Federation's goal to increase the use and value of Earth science data and information.