[Esip-preserve] FYI: W3C Provenance Questionnaire

Curt Tilmes Curt.Tilmes at nasa.gov
Wed Sep 7 10:42:49 EDT 2011

From: Deus, Helena <helena.deus at deri.org>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2011 22:42:16 +0100

Dear all,

Thank you to those of you who have answered our first provenance
Implementation Stakeholder questionnaire, your feedback is very
important.

For those of you who haven't answered and would like to give your 2c
about how provenance should be dealt with on the semantic web, here's
your chance!

The W3C provenance workgroup is getting ready to finalize a draft of
the provenance ontology [1]. However, to ensure that we have addressed
all your concerns regarding provenance of data and documents, we would
very much appreciate your collaboration in filling out this
questionnaire [2] (second iteration of the questionnaire send earlier
this year).

We have analysed the responses and feedback from the first
questionnaire and this second iteration includes many of the questions
present the first questionnaire with a few additions to help us
understand how provenance is currently used and what is the
granularity of provenance that is generally required.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/wiki/PIL_OWL_Ontology
[2] http://goo.gl/hEeEb

Best Regards,
Helena F. Deus