[Esip-preserve] data citation guidelines for ESIP approval

Mark A. Parsons parsonsm at nsidc.org
Wed Dec 28 17:39:53 EST 2011

Hi all,

The plan is for the ESIP Assembly to vote on the adoption of the data citation guidelines next week after Curt and/or I introduce them (I'll have a poster too).

I have made what I hope is a final revision based on the National Academy workshop I attended last summer and the new DCC guidelines. The new DCC guidelines are the best out there to date, although I don't fully agree with everything. It is well referenced and they kind of scooped us, but I think our guidelines are more specific to Earth science and are alo more specifically aapplicable.

Anyway, give them one last look to make sure their OK, and I hope they are approved next week.
http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Interagency_Data_Stewardship/Citations/provider_guidelines

Cheers,

-m.