[Esip-preserve] Fwd: Geoscience Data Journal

Lynnes, Christopher S. (GSFC-6102) christopher.s.lynnes at nasa.gov
Thu Feb 2 18:13:39 EST 2012

On Feb 1, 2012, at 7:28 AM, Kenneth S. Casey wrote:

> 2. Just today, I received an invitation to serve on the Editorial Board of something called Datasets Papers in Atmospheric Sciences. I don't think that is any sort of exclusive invitation since they seem to be trying to have a large number of people on this board, so many of you may have also received this invitation. I will copy and paste all the info below, but here is the link to the journal page:  http://www.datasets.com/journals/as/   It is open access, costs $300 to publish a paper, and is supposed to have a 4 week turn around time.
>
> Ken

At first glance this looked really attractive to us, until we got to the statement "In addition to publishing Dataset Papers, Datasets International hosts the underlying data that is associated with these papers..."  Took a little of the shine off for us.  Any chance of relaxing that, do you think?
--
Dr. Christopher Lynnes     NASA/GSFC, Code 610.2    phone: 301-614-5185