[Esip-preserve] Identifiers

Bruce Barkstrom brbarkstrom at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 13:52:19 EST 2012

The attached file contains thoughts on two communities to
whom the differences we've been discussing are likely to
matter: archive managers and data producers.  As a data
producer, it has mattered a great deal whether the discussion
is about a relational database (as an object that might
contain a dataset), a file (as another object that might contain
one), or a collection of files with a very long history (say 20
years) of structure (and perhaps yet another kind of data set).
 Somewhat similar concerns arise for
data managers, which I was for five years.

Bruce B.