[Esip-preserve] DataCite to require "landing pages"

Kenneth S. Casey kenneth.casey at noaa.gov
Thu Mar 1 07:08:04 EST 2012

In these cases when the user already knows the data, they can just go straight to their access method of choice... FTP, HTTP, Hyrax, TDS, Live Access Server, ArcGIS Server... whatever happens to be available and appropriate to the particular dataset.  One of the key features of the landing page, in addition to describing what the data set is, is to clearly identify the available access methods.

-Ken