[Esip-preserve] [esip-semanticweb] Identifiers for people?

Curt Tilmes Curt.Tilmes at nasa.gov
Thu Mar 8 10:39:55 EST 2012

On 03/07/2012 10:18 PM, Bruce Barkstrom wrote:
> My impression is that this problem was solved by inexpensive
> tools the librarians already knew about and could adapt immediately.
> Why are we trying to reinvent square wheels when there's probably
> an inexpensive circular wheel already available - and one that even
> a decade ago was pretty serviceable?

BTW -- Asking a community for suggestions to use for something
!= "trying to reinvent square wheels"

It's almost the opposite of that approach :-)

It may turn out the the currently existing wheels aren't quite round
enough for our use, and we could come up with something smoother, but
investigating what's out there is certainly step 1.

Curt

--
Curt Tilmes, Ph.D.
U.S. Global Change Research Program