[Esip-preserve] W3C Provenance Working Group announces 3 Last Call Working Drafts

Curt Tilmes Curt.Tilmes at nasa.gov
Wed Jul 25 09:18:12 EDT 2012

All, Note Paul Groth's announcement below about the release of the W3C
provenance working drafts -- Please read and comment on them by
Sept. 18!

These represent the core provenance concepts we will build on as we in
the NASA ESDSWG and ESIP Federation develop an "Earth Science"
extension to this specification.  If you would like to be part of that
effort, please let Hook Hua or Curt Tilmes know.

Thanks,
Curt & Hook

From: Paul Groth

Hi All,

The W3C Provenance Working Group [1] is excited to announce Last Call
on 3 documents that define the core of the PROV family of
specifications. These 3 documents focus on how to model provenance
information for the purposes of interchange.

- PROV-DM is a data model for provenance interchange
- PROV-O is an OWL2 ontology mapping of PROV-DM to RDF
- PROV-N is a notation for provenance aimed at human consumption

In addition to these Last Call Working Drafts, we are also releasing
an updated Primer that is synchronized with these specifications.

You'll find a quick overview and links to the documents at:

http://www.w3.org/blog/SW/2012/07/24/last-call-3-working-drafts-for-provenance-interchange/

We're really looking for your feedback, comments go to
public-prov-comments <at> w3.org and we hope to have them by 18
September 2012.

Thanks
Paul

- co-chair W3C Provenance Working Group