[Esip-preserve] How to cite the works of the committee

Robert R. Downs rdowns at ciesin.columbia.edu
Thu Aug 30 16:49:19 EDT 2012

Mark -

If the committee becomes the designated author, a common way to provide
attribution for individual contributions to a document that designates a
fluid committee as the author is to include the names and affiliations
of contributors in an acknowledgement section. If that approach is
taken, most of the contributors could be identified from the revision
history of the wiki and from the email trail. Similarly, most of those
individuals' affiliations, at the time of their contributions, might be
found in their email addresses. When listing contributors, it also is
common to ask each if she or he wants to be included on the list as some
may prefer to contribute anonymously.

Thanks,

Bob