[Esip-preserve] Metadata standards?

Ramdeen, Sarah ramdeen at email.unc.edu
Tue Oct 23 00:16:35 EDT 2012

Hello Everyone,

I am a bit behind in answering the emails regarding the ESIP winter meeting abstracts, but I hope to have something out later this afternoon to those of you who spoke up on the issue.  In the meantime, I was wondering if anyone could help me with a question.  A student has asked me to help them find metadata standards used by hydrogeologists and petroleum geologists.  In particular, the student is currently looking at the 'LAS, Log ASCII Standard' for petroleum geologists but wants to look at well log data for hydrogeological purposes and is looking for a standard equitant in hydrology.  This might not be the right list, but am not sure where to find out about these types of resources.  If anyone has any suggestions, that would be wonderful!

Thanks in advance,
Sarah

Sarah Ramdeen PhD Student
School of Information and Library Science
University of North Carolina
ramdeen at email.unc.edu
http://ramdeen.web.unc.edu/