[Esip-preserve] FYI: Interview about the new W3C provenance standards

Curt Tilmes Curt.Tilmes at nasa.gov
Thu May 2 08:51:11 EDT 2013

http://www.w3.org/QA/2013/04/interview_paul_groth_and_luc_m.html

[...]
IJ: What are some examples that people have built?

Luc: As part of our progression to Recommendation we catalogued 66
applications. Some are interesting academic examples, others very
practical. For me, one that stands out is NASA's use of PROV to
provenance-enable the National Climate Assessment report. They are
currently working on a prototype and I believe they will launch by the
end of the year. NASA is also about to launch a satellite mission where
data and processing is accompanied by provenance information.

Paul: One of the reasons NASA is interested in PROV is that they have
data coming from multiple different systems and they need a common
standard for provenance information that works across those systems.
[...]

--
Curt Tilmes, Ph.D.
U.S. Global Change Research Program