[Esip-preserve] Fwd: Time sensitive: DataCite Metadata Version 3.0 for your review and testing

Parsons, Mark parsom3 at rpi.edu
Wed Jun 5 11:19:22 EDT 2013

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Greenberg, Jane" <janeg at email.unc.edu<mailto:janeg at email.unc.edu>>
Subject: [Rda-cwg-metadata] FW: [dryad-dev] Fwd: [EZID] Time sensitive: DataCite Metadata Version 3.0 for your review and testing
Date: June 3, 2013 1:43:50 PM EDT
To: "DC-SCIENCE at JISCMAIL.AC.UK<mailto:DC-SCIENCE at JISCMAIL.AC.UK>" <DC-SCIENCE at JISCMAIL.AC.UK<mailto:DC-SCIENCE at JISCMAIL.AC.UK>>, "rda-cwg-metadata at lists.rd-alliance.org<mailto:rda-cwg-metadata at lists.rd-alliance.org>" <rda-cwg-metadata at lists.rd-alliance.org<mailto:rda-cwg-metadata at lists.rd-alliance.org>>
Cc: Joan Starr <Joan.Starr at ucop.edu<mailto:Joan.Starr at ucop.edu>>

From: Joan Starr <Joan.Starr at UCOP.EDU<mailto:Joan.Starr at UCOP.EDU>>
Date: June 3, 2013 11:16:33 AM EDT
To: EZID-L at LISTSERV.UCOP.EDU<mailto:EZID-L at LISTSERV.UCOP.EDU>

Colleagues,

As some of you know, I chair the DataCite Metadata Working Group. The DataCite Metadata Working Group (WG) has prepared a new version of the DataCite Schema for review, comment and testing by members and clients. With Version 3.0, the WG has worked to respond appropriately to a large number of requests while adhering to the goal of remaining domain agnostic. As well, the WG continues to strive for simplicity wherever possible.

To provide feedback, please follow this link and join a Google discussion group: https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en&fromgroups#!forum/datacite-metadata. The documentation for Version 3.0 is there, in addition to a link to the test environment for Version 3.0 code testing.

The request is only that, when providing feedback, you refer to page numbers, property names, and so forth, wherever possible. This will help us compile the comments we receive. Please provide your comments by the end of business June 21, 2013. If you have any questions between now and June 21, please do not hesitate to contact me at joan.starr at ucop.edu<mailto:joan.starr at ucop.edu>.

I thank you very much for your assistance with this effort.

Regards,

Joan Starr, on behalf of
The DataCite Metadata Working Group