[Esip-preserve] Townhall Planning Telecon/Draft Proposal

Denise Hills dhills at gsa.state.al.us
Sun Jul 21 15:24:52 EDT 2013

I tried to send the link directly to the list, but I think it failed. Here it is, with the message:

You have initiated a poll "AGU Townhall Planning Call" at Doodle. The link to your poll is:

http://doodle.com/3kthvvurcgryyy8p

Share this link with all those who should cast their votes. Do not forget to cast your vote, too.

A Webex for planning and discussion for the AGU Townhall session being proposed by Denise and Sarah from FUNding Friday. Please invite others who may not receive this otherwise. We will have other calls later.

I've included below a WORKING DRAFT of the proposal - NOTE: It is limited to 100 words or less.

Making the Case for Data Stewardship: A Community Building and Engagement Exercise

Data stewardship is becoming a large concern for all scale of data. How do we best accomplish data management and stewardship while still addressing user needs? What standards can be or have been developed? Building on the work of the Earth Science Information Partners’ Preservation and Stewardship Committee, this Townhall will target data users, creators, and providers; cyberinsfrustructure experts; information scientists; and preservation and curation experts. Panelists will include experts from large and small institutions and other data providers, as well as data users and infrastructure experts. This dialogue will promote wider community engagement.

--

Even if you can't make the call this time, if you have comments about the abstract, please send to me or Sarah. Thanks!

Denise Hills
Acting Program Director, Energy Investigations
Geological Survey of Alabama
office (205) 247-3694
cell (205) 239-8191
dhills at gsa.state.al.us<mailto:dhills at gsa.state.al.us>