[Esip-preserve] Stewardship sessions at AGU

Parsons, Mark parsom3 at rpi.edu
Fri Aug 2 14:46:26 EDT 2013

OK, y'all have been flooded with all the AGU ESSI session ads, but there are two sessions that I think are especially relevant to the ESIP Stewardship Committee (and I'm not even a convener):

Data Stewardship in Theory and Practice:
https://fallmeeting.agu.org/2013/scientific-program/session-search/sessions/in011-data-stewardship-in-theory-and-in-practice-2/

Data Curation, Credibility, Preservation Implementation, and Data Rescue to Enable Multi-Source Science: https://fallmeeting.agu.org/2013/scientific-program/session-search/sessions/in008-data-curation-credibility-preservation-implementation-and-data-rescue-to-enable-multi-source-science-2/

I love the idea of aligning theory and practice. It's what this group really does. The second session is also quite apt. Curation is back in style :-)

Have at it.

cheers,

-m.