[Esip-preserve] FYI: The Vast Majority of Raw Data From Old Scientific Studies May Now Be Missing

Ramdeen, Sarah ramdeen at email.unc.edu
Sat Jan 11 18:22:06 EST 2014

Hi Jennifer,

You may want to look in to BitCurator - a project here at UNC, http://www.bitcurator.net/.  They have equipment for pulling old media off of old hardware and maybe able to help.  They have boxes they loan out with converters for different equipment and they might be interested in helping you find methods for hardware not currently covered by their methods.

I think your mention of EarthCube is a good one, they currently have solicitations for building blocks... perhaps this might be a project you could suggest?

Thanks
Sarah

Sarah Ramdeen PhD Student
School of Information and Library Science
University of North Carolina
ramdeen at email.unc.edu<mailto:ramdeen at email.unc.edu>
http://ramdeen.web.unc.edu/