[Esip-preserve] Fwd: ISO/TC 211: preservation

Ted Habermann via Esip-preserve esip-preserve at lists.esipfed.org
Tue Jul 15 16:00:32 EDT 2014

Wolfgang,

The train ride worked out quite well. I was the only person in my cabin, so the 4-person cabin was great. I did actually get some sleep… Thanks so much for your help!

I am forwarding the preservation draft to the preservation cluster of the Earth Science Information Partners. This is a diverse group of scientists from NASA, NOAA, and other organizations that are interested in preservation. They are a great group that have thought about these problems quite a bit. I did note that you still seem to refer to OAIS as being related to satellite imagery. I suspect that most of these people think of it as being broader than that.

ESIP - Wolfgang is a friend from Germany that is writing a draft preservation proposal for ISO TC 211 building on the OAIS. I spoke with him during a recent ISO meeting about preservation and said I would connect him with you…

Thanks to all,
Ted