[Esip-preserve] REQUEST - Data sets for workshop on dynamic data at the Winter meeting

Ramdeen, Sarah via Esip-preserve esip-preserve at lists.esipfed.org
Tue Oct 7 13:32:00 EDT 2014

Hello Everyone,

Ruth and I are working on arranging a dynamic data workshop for the Winter ESIP meeting.  It will be discussed during this month's telecom (date in flux), and in advance of the call we would like to ask for your help.  We are looking for input on two things.  First we are looking for 3 data sets to use for the workshop, and second, we are looking for feedback as to what you would like out of the workshop.

The ESIP workshop will be customized to the community needs, so please review the materials below and either reply to the list with comments or attend the call to take part in the discussion.

To help you think about these issues, below are a few resources.  The minutes from last month's call where we discussed the workshop, the program from the previous workshop in London, and two white papers from the workshop leads.

Resources:
Last month's telecom minutes for a discussion about the workshop
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rzA84s4-HtAzMpO_oVohvELwY6gfHJG5xiybsjoXx4k/edit?usp=sharing

Example of previous workshop
https://rd-alliance.org/sites/default/files/RDA_WG-DC_Workshop_London_Programme.pdf

White papers as background:
Providing Concise Data Citations to Enable Reproducibility Across Different eScience Disciplines
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4k6w8oONy3XcTBkdHRoR3pwYWM/view?usp=sharing

Scalable Data Citation in Dynamic, Large Databases: Model and Reference Implementation
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4k6w8oONy3XMjJkU3lvUGxWaUk/view?usp=sharing

Thanks!
Sarah

Sarah Ramdeen PhD Student
School of Information and Library Science
University of North Carolina
ramdeen at email.unc.edu<mailto:ramdeen at email.unc.edu>
http://ramdeen.web.unc.edu/