[Esip-preserve] Fwd: ANDS Data Provenance Workshop on 27th Oct: Use Case homework

Parsons, Mark via Esip-preserve esip-preserve at lists.esipfed.org
Fri Oct 17 14:55:51 EDT 2014

Begin forwarded message:

From: Mingfang Wu <mingfang.wu at ands.org.au<mailto:mingfang.wu at ands.org.au>>
Subject: ANDS Data Provenance Workshop on 27th Oct: Use Case homework
Date: October 12, 2014 at 8:06:42 PM MDT
To: "Nicholas.Car at csiro.au<mailto:Nicholas.Car at csiro.au>" <nicholas.car at csiro.au<mailto:nicholas.car at csiro.au>>, Lesley Wyborn <lwyborn at internode.on.net<mailto:lwyborn at internode.on.net>>, Andrew Treloar <andrew.treloar at monash.edu<mailto:andrew.treloar at monash.edu>>, <simon.cox at csiro.au<mailto:simon.cox at csiro.au>>, Ben Evans <ben.evans at anu.edu.au<mailto:ben.evans at anu.edu.au>>, <Neal.Evans at ga.gov.au<mailto:Neal.Evans at ga.gov.au>>, Peter Fitch <peter.fitch at csiro.au<mailto:peter.fitch at csiro.au>>, <Ryan.Fraser at csiro.au<mailto:Ryan.Fraser at csiro.au>>, <sue.fyfe at ga.gov.au<mailto:sue.fyfe at ga.gov.au>>, Siddeswara Guru <s.guru at uq.edu.au<mailto:s.guru at uq.edu.au>>, <jens.klump at csiro.au<mailto:jens.klump at csiro.au>>, Robert Woodcock <Robert.Woodcock at csiro.au<mailto:Robert.Woodcock at csiro.au>>, Jonathan Hodge <Jonathan.Hodge at csiro.au<mailto:Jonathan.Hodge at csiro.au>>, <yanfeng.shu at csiro.au<mailto:yanfeng.shu at csiro.au>>, <q.liu at csiro.au<mailto:q.liu at csiro.au>>, <david.lescinsky at ga.gov.au<mailto:david.lescinsky at ga.gov.au>>, <Cynthia.Love at csiro.au<mailto:Cynthia.Love at csiro.au>>, John Morrissey <John.Morrissey at csiro.au<mailto:John.Morrissey at csiro.au>>, "Neal, Tim" <Tim.Neal at communications.gov.au<mailto:Tim.Neal at communications.gov.au>>, Mark Parsons <parsom3 at rpi.edu<mailto:parsom3 at rpi.edu>>, "Tim Pugh" <t.pugh at bom.gov.au<mailto:t.pugh at bom.gov.au>>, Angus Scheibner <Angus.Scheibner at utas.edu.au<mailto:Angus.Scheibner at utas.edu.au>>, Xiaobin Shen <xiaobin.shen at ands.org.au<mailto:xiaobin.shen at ands.org.au>>

Dear All,

In preparation for the workshop, which is of very limited length, we would like to collect a list of provenance-related Use Cases. We’ll then do a little tidying of the list and use it to guide discussion on the day. We are interested to hear your current conceptions of use cases so we don’t want to set any direction other than to ask that they generally be about ‘provenance’. We want to see how borad peoples’ current thoughts are.

Before the 27th (preferably by 23rd), please could each of you try and contribute at least one provenance-related use case to a small website that Nick has set up for the purpose: http://promsns.org/uc/. Have a look at already listed use cases to see if things similar to yours are already there.

•         You can see a list of already contributed use cases here: http://promsns.org/uc/usecases/

•         You can add your own use cases here: http://promsns.org/uc/usecases/new

•         Explanations of the terms used are here: http://promsns.org/uc/references

The template we're using is a generic use case template. Fill out fields as best you can if they seem a bit mysterious: this is only a first attempt at community data gathering!

Please let Nick know about any issue you have with the use of the website on nicholas.car at csiro.au<mailto:nicholas.car at csiro.au> so they can be fixed straight away.

Cheers,

Nick, Mingfang, Lesley & Andrew

--
Dr. Mingfang Wu
Senior Business Analyst

P: +61(0)3 9902 4646
E: Mingfang.Wu at ands.org.au<mailto:stefanie.kethers at ands.org.au>
W: www.ands.org.au<http://www.ands.org.au/>

Physical Address: Level 6, Building F, Monash Caulfield VIC 3145 AUSTRALIA
Postal Address: c/o Monash University, PO Box 197, Caulfield East, VIC 3145 AUSTRALIA