[Esip-preserve] #ESIPFed W2015 Stewardship Reporting

Matthew Mayernik mayernik at ucar.edu
Tue Jan 6 18:06:15 EST 2015

Hi Denise, all,
I am at the American Meteorological Society (AMS) meeting in Phx, so am not
at the ESIP meeting this week. Here is my update for the data citation
topic.

The AMS Publication Commission has approved the new data/data citation
policy for AMS journals. The policy should be added to the AMS publications
author guide soon.  I will send it to this ESIP Preserve list when it is
up. My personal (very biased) opinion is that the AMS policy has fewer
ambiguities than the new AGU policy, and therefore might be easier for
publishers/editors to buy into and lead to better results. Maybe that can
feed into the discussions earlier this year about updating the ESIP Data
Citation Guidelines for Journal Editors and Reviewers.

Best,
Matt