[Esip-preserve] Update: SMM paper published, Thank U, and More work to be done

Ge Peng - NOAA Affiliate ge.peng at noaa.gov
Wed Feb 11 13:55:39 EST 2015

Good afternoon,

​I would like to update you all on the status of the stewardship maturity
matrix (SMM) paper and information links:

The stewardship maturity assessment model paper has been published and can
be accessed at:
https://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article/dsj/13/0/13_14-049/_article

I would also like to take this opportunity to express my deepest gratitude
to everyone who has reviewed and/or provided your input and feedback on the
draft version of the stewardship matrix.  Your time and effort have helped
in ensuring and improving its consistency. I am looking forward to
continuous improvement via use case studies and application of the matrix.

A revised version of the high-level background on the stewardship maturity
work can be found at:
http://www.slideshare.net/gepeng86/scientific-data-stewardship-maturity-matrix

A stewardship maturity matrix template will be freely available online
after the term of use is approved by the NCSU office of technology transfer
at:

http://figshare.com/articles/NCDC_CICSNC_SDSMM_Template/1211954

At the meantime, a pdf version of the matrix can be downloaded from:

http://www.slideshare.net/gepeng86/sds-mm-20140527betav10

Use case studies are needed
​:​
to demonstrate the utility of the stewardship maturity matrix
​,​
to improve on its consistency over a range of dataset types
​,​
to lay the groundwork in terms of defining system and user requirements for
the design and development of a low-cost but efficient web-based assessment
tool.

Please let me or Ruth know if you are interested in applying the
stewardship matrix to one or a few of your datasets.

Best regards,

--- Peng​

--
*Ge Peng, Ph.D*