[Esip-preserve] NSF Open Access Plan Released

Justin Goldstein jgoldstein at usgcrp.gov
Thu Mar 19 12:46:42 EDT 2015

Thanks for sharing this.  Some reaction is covered in a write-up in
*Science:*
http://news.sciencemag.org/policy/2015/03/nsf-unveils-plan-make-scientific-papers-free

Note: the doi has not yet been registered, so apologies for not linking to
it.

-Justin

On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 10:58 AM, Joe Hourcle via Esip-preserve <
esip-preserve at lists.esipfed.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 19 Mar 2015, Tilmes, Curt (GSFC-6190) via Esip-preserve wrote:
>
>  Daureen Nesdill noted on the RDAP list that NSF has released their open
>> access plan:
>>
>> http://www.nsf.gov/news/special_reports/public_access/
>> index.jsp?WT.mc_id=USNSF_51
>>
>> On the AGU ESSI list, Sherry Lake shared this great resource for the the
>> open access plans:
>>
>> http://guides.library.oregonstate.edu/federaloa
>>
>> The NSF plan includes references to machine readable metadata, persistent
>> identifiers and linking publications to data that give me hope.
>>

> The libguide didn't include the USGS documents (mentioned as being in
> review at the ESIP meeting), but JB Minister sent some links:
>
> (I've cleaned it up slightly, as the formatting got mangled in my e-mail)
>
> -Joe
>
> ps.  and I sent the links to the Oregon State folks, for them to include
> in their guide.

Justin Goldstein, Ph.D.
Advance Science Climate Data and Observing Systems Coordinator
US Global Change Research Program
1717 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Suite #250
Washington, DC 20006

O: (202) 419-3496