[Esip-preserve] ESIP Data Stewardship "Strategic Document"

Justin Goldstein jgoldstein at usgcrp.gov
Wed Jul 29 09:45:29 EDT 2015

Hi everyone,
  This is just a friendly reminder that comments / edits / additions to our
group's "Strategic Document" are welcome through this *Friday, July 31*.  At
only three (3) pages, it is meant only as a brief overview illustrating the
extent of our responsibilities and activities as well as the manner in
which we see our role within the ESIP Community.  As such, it contains
characteristics of a charter, a strategic plan, and an implementation plan.
 I would like to share it with the ESIP Executive Committee ahead of that
body's Aug 11 meeting if at all possible.

  Kudos to Curt Tilmes, Ruth Duerr, Sophie Hou and Viv Hutchison for their
assistance with this effort. * I strongly recommend that anyone who is
leading or serving as a POC for an ongoing project review the language used
in the description of one's respective project, editing as necessary.*

The document is accessible at:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TzVbPngi113J9nMJQc2GdbmBIsVTrKqSdOW24TIlRFQ/edit#heading=h.1lkb0jjpy3xb

As always, please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions.  Recall
that this effort differs from the ESIP-wide Strategic Plan.

Finally, I'd like to state that I continue to be very proud of this group's
high level of productivity and engagement.  Our successes and ongoing
activities continue to be recognized and applauded by ESIP leadership and
beyond.

Best,
Justin

--