[Esip-preserve] ISO 19165 and PCS

Hampapuram Ramapriyan hampapuram.ramapriya at ssaihq.com
Fri Nov 27 09:47:11 EST 2015

All,

As you know I have been involved in an ISO working group currently developing a standard - ISO 19165, titled "Geospatial Information - Preservation of Data and Metadata".  I am attaching the latest draft version, observing that the copyright page includes the following:

"This ISO document is a working draft or committee draft and is copyright-protected by ISO. While the reproduction of working drafts or committee drafts in any form for use by participants in the ISO standards development process is permitted without prior permission from ISO, neither this document nor any extract from it may be reproduced, stored or transmitted in any form for any other purpose without prior written permission from ISO."

I regard sending this committee draft to the WGISS group as a means of helping me with the committee work as part of the standard development process.

I would appreciate your comments as soon as possible since the committee is actively working this document now. The next telecon/meeting will be on December 7 as a part of the TC 211 plenary meeting in Sydney,  Australia. (I will be participating remotely, and I believe  the whole meeting of the group considering this standard will be handled as a telecon.) This is not the last opportunity for input, but it would be good to get as much of our comments as possible at this time before the "concrete sets".

Comments with initials rh are mine. The comment on section 7.2 is particularly relevant. I found some errors in language there, so I am attaching a revised version here as well. I have just sent the revision to the ISO 19165 project leader (Wolfgang Kresse).

Thanks.

Rama.