[Esip-preserve] Long Term Preservation of Earth Observation Space Data - Glossary of Aronyms and terms - ACTION REQUEST FROM CEOS WGISS

Hampapuram Ramapriyan hampapuram.ramapriya at ssaihq.com
Fri Nov 27 12:54:17 EST 2015

All - Trust you are having a good Thanksgiving holiday weekend. I had sent this request for any comments before Thanksgiving, but I have received some schedule relief. So, if you have comments and could send them to me by Dec. 10, they will still be useful.

Thanks.

Rama.

All,

I am sending this to you per request from Andy Mitchell. The Data Stewardship Interest Group (DSIG) within the Working Group on Information Systems and Services (WGISS) of the Committee for Earth Observation Satellites (CEOS) has generated the attached document consisting of a glossary of terms related to long-term preservation. They are looking for comments, primarily from the point of view any missing items that are worthy of inclusion. However, I assume that other comments would be welcome as well. The comments are needed by the end of November 2015. I would appreciate your looking them over and sending comments to me before Thanksgiving. I will gather them and pass them on.

I expect that this document, with any updates, will be posted on at a suitable location on NASA's earthdata <https://earthdata.nasa.gov/>  web site. We might consider including it as  a reference on our committee's wiki once we get the "final" version.

Thanks.

Rama.

H. K. Ramapriyan (Rama)

Science Systems and Applications, Inc.

NASA Goddard Space Flight Center

Hampapuram.Ramapriyan at ssaihq.com

(805) 402-7125

(orcid.org/0000-0002-8425-8943)

Note: I am not a government employee and have no legal authority to obligate any federal, state, or local government to perform any action or payment.