[Esip-preserve] Possible joint projects on data management with ESIP Ag & Climate Cluster

Nancy Hoebelheinrich nhoebel at kmotifs.com
Sun Jan 31 14:08:50 EST 2016

Hi, Justin, et al:

I wanted to give you a heads-up about an opportunity for collaboration with
a number of ESIP clusters including Ag & Climate (of which I am Co-Chair
along with Bill Teng), Education, and the new Drone Cluster around issues
related to Data Management of Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS).  Organizers of
a new Internship sponsored by NASA's NIFS-OSSI (NASA Interns, Fellows &
Scholars One Stop Shopping Initiative) on this topic for the upcoming Summer
2016 session will be looking for projects on which an intern can work.  On
hearing of this opportunity, I thought it would be useful for Data
Stewardship Committee members to think about possible applicants, and
projects related to management of the kind of "irregular" data that UAS'
generate.  More information about the internship can be found on the OSSI
website at:
https://intern.nasa.gov/ossi/web/public/guest/searchOpps/index.cfm?solarActi
on=view
<https://intern.nasa.gov/ossi/web/public/guest/searchOpps/index.cfm?solarAct
ion=view&id=14510> &id=14510 .

We will be discussing the possibilities for projects at our upcoming Ag &
Climate teleconference this coming week on Tuesday, 3 pm Eastern, so feel
free to join that call (See the agenda for the call on the cluster webpage
at:  http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Agclimate_telecon_2016-02-02), or
contact Bill Teng or myself for more information.  One of us or our new
Student Fellow, Chris Beltz, might be able to discuss opportunities in a
future Data Stewardship call as well.

Regards,

Nancy

 <https://kmotifs.com/> _LOGOhiResTRANSPARENT_4800pxRGB